Accessibility Quick Links
Pre-travel considerations to help maximize your travel enjoyment
As you get ready for your trip, don't forget to:
- Update all necessary vaccinations, if required
- Buy CIBC Insurance Travel Coverage
- Leave your contact information and itinerary with family or friends
- Determine how you’ll carry all necessary travel documentation such as passports, visas, proof of citizenship, etc.
- Update and bring a list of important phone numbers, including your bank, credit card centre, doctor, etc.
It is important that your home is looked after and looks occupied while you're away. Arrange for someone to:
- Care for your pet and plants
- Shovel the snow or cut the grass
- Collect your mail and other delivered items
You may want to prepare for your trip by:
- Paying bills that are due while you're away
- Buying foreign cash
- Buying a CIBC Smart™ Prepaid Travel Visa* Card
Interested in buying CIBC Insurance Travel Coverage?
CIBC Insurance Travel Medical Coverage
CIBC Insurance Comprehensive Travel Coverage
CIBC Insurance Trip Cancellation & Trip Interruption Enhanced Package
CIBC Insurance Travel Medical Coverage is available at cibcinsurance.com/travel or by phoning Allianz Global Assistance at 1-833-861-5088.
CIBC Insurance Agency Inc. earns compensation from the insurer for the promotion of CIBC Insurance Travel Coverage plans.
CIBC Insurance Travel Coverage is administered by Allianz Global Assistance, which is a registered business name of AZGA Service Canada Inc. Allianz Global Assistance provides the CIBC travel assistance and claims services in respect of all insurance coverage under CIBC Insurance Travel Coverage plans.
AZGA Insurance Agency Canada Ltd. operating as Allianz Global Assistance
700 Jamieson Parkway
519-742-2800 Opens your phone app.
CIBC Insurance Travel Coverage plans are underwritten by Co-operators Life Insurance Company, which covers accident and sickness benefits, and The Sovereign General Insurance Company, which covers property and casualty benefits.
Co-operators Life Insurance Company
1920 College Avenue
1-800-454-8061Opens your phone app.
The Sovereign General Insurance Company
140 – 6700 Macleod Trail South East
1-800-510-0354Opens your phone app.
More information about CIBC Insurance
CIBC Insurance is licensed to sell damage insurance (broker) and insurance of person.
CIBC is registered with the Autorité des marches financiers (AMF) under 600575. Verify CIBC on AMF’s siteOpens a new window in your browser.
Are we not meeting all of your expectations? Follow Allianz’s complaint processOpens a new window in your browser.