What to do in the event of an emergency
In the event of an emergency, call Allianz Global Assistance
Travel Assistance is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
From Canada or the U.S., call 1-833-861-5088
From all other locations, call collect 1-519-514-1915
You must notify Allianz Global Assistance:
- Prior to receiving any medical treatment
- If you must cancel, interrupt, or delay your trip
- If you experience any emergency
Failure to notify Allianz Global Assistance can delay the processing and payment of your claim and may limit the amount of your claim payment.
- If your coverage includes non-medical benefits, such as Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption and Lost or Delayed Luggage, you can submit your claim online for faster claim processing through Allianz Global Assistance’s secure Claims Portal Opens in a new window.. Claims for out-of-pocket expenses for emergency medical treatment may also be submitted through the Claims Portal or by calling Allianz Global Assistance at 1-833-861-5088 Opens your phone app..
- The online Claims Portal provides you with a smoother, more efficient experience while keeping you informed of what is happening at each stage of your claims journey. Please have a copy of your Policy when submitting your claims online. If you don’t have your Policy call Allianz Global Assistance.
- For Trip Cancellations, claims must be reported no later than the first business day following the cause for cancellation.
- For Trip Interruption or delay to your trip, claims must be reported immediately.
For more detail about claims, refer to the sample Policy (CIBC Insurance Comprehensive Travel Package) (PDF, 365 KB)Opens a new window in your browser